Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Short blurb from the east coast

Time for a short blurb.

A new sense of excitement and joy settled over the Dieppe Katima-house this morning as we realized that it was the first day of December. (As if Danielle would let anyone forget it anyways!) I didn't really think about it until I started walking into the tooth brushing mosh pit in the bathroom and Kristen came at me like a spider monkey, pinched me and punched me while yelling "Pinch! Punch! First day of the month!" I think I just might bruise! You know that someone loves you when they don't hesitate to leave their 'love marks' on your arms!

C'est semain je suis la house manager avec Annabelle. This couldn't come at a better time for me really. We just get back from billeting and a full week of actual sleep and if I had to adjust back into 6 hours of extremely iffy sleep and work at the same time I think I'd have a mental breakdown! No joke! You know it's bad when a person would rather sleep on the floor vs the 'Katima-bed'. The first night back in the house after billeting I woke up at 5:00am and realized I couldn't move my neck. Anyone who has ever had partial paralysis would agree that this really sucks! I'm still not able to use my pillow as it creates painful angles with my neck. Vraiment pas cool!

This morning I decided that because sleep is futile in this house anyways I would make french toast pour tous le monde a six heure. Luckily it's not my day to do breakfast dishes! (haha poor Annabelle! :p)

I learned yesterday that while most people are done work on the 18th of December and don't have to return until we rotate to BC that I am required to work December 21st, 22nd and 23rd as well as the 28th, 29th and 30th! One could say that I am less than impressed! We will have to wait and see how that turns out I guess. I'm going to have a conversation with Marjo regarding this as I don't see it as just.

I'll try and keep this as up to date as possible.. Although I will make no promises as per usual!

Live Love Laugh! (I know it's not exactly original but I believe it's very important!)
Till next time!!
~Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment