Thursday, September 24, 2009

First day of travels

Holy longest day of my life!! :p Up at 5am, flight at 9.. Saying bye to the family at the gate while trying not to cry was so hard! I met Jenn at the airport and she helped keep me sane (or as close to it as possible). Our flight into Toronto flew by (haha) as I had music, movies and a new found friend to help me pass the time.
Landing in Toronto was gross.. I'm not a fan of tasting the pollution and feeling the smog move through my lungs. And of course it was pouring rain to top it off! Oh well.. Time at the airprot was well spent as there was a katima-posse gathering by the time we got there. We whipped out some cards and sat on the floor of the terminal laughing about the strange looks people were sending our way. :)
The wait in the moncton airport was a little more eventful, what with all the games of spoons and 'asshole' scattered throughout the place. And of course there was finally meeting Andrew.. He's pretty awesome just as I knew he would be. We were all so wired and tired at the same time so times waiting for (and on) the bus were pretty sketchy :p of course I sang a lot of the way to orientation camp..
Our first activity started at 12:30, pretty much as soon as we got off the bus. We played 'Bob the Weasel' as an icebreaker and then we were finally able to go to our cabins. Of course I was so excited there was no chance of sleep!! Andrew was in the same boat so we went exploring in the pitch black until about 3:30am :p
I can't believe how clean and crisp the air is out here! It smells like cedar chips everywhere i've been.. The easterners were making fun of me because I would come outside just to breathe in the air :p It was a good day full of new faces and experiences!
Until next time! :D
PS I'm still alive! :p
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment